In continuing efforts to assess student learning at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, the UT General Education Committee developed the following rubrics and assessment tools to assist faculty teaching general education courses to determine whether or not general education outcomes are being met.
Please note that some rubrics or benchmarks are specific to particular courses that were assessed. For guidance on using these tools or developing specific rubrics for your course(s), consult with the Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center.
- General Education Outcomes
- Arts and Humanities Rubric (AH)
- Communicating through Writing Rubrics (WC)
- Cultures and Civilizations Rubric (CC)
- Natural Sciences Rubrics (NS)
- Oral Communication Rubrics (OC)
- Quantitative Reasoning Rubrics (QR)
- Social Sciences Rubrics (SS)
Reporting of General Education Assessment
Use the General Education Course Assessment form in the Planning Module of Compliance Assist. Instructions on use are given here General Education Course Assessment Form (PDF). Questions contact: SACS_Liaison@utk.edu